Grape Soda Review
|Strain name info:||Grape Soda Marijuana Strain
Our Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 / Best known for: grape taste
|Origin / ancestry||Grape Soda Type: Grape Soda is a hybrid of 70 % cannabis indica and 30 % cannabis sativa. THC levels can be as high as 19 %. This strain was created by Taste Budz
The phenotype of Tahoe OG
|Aromas, Flavors||Grape Soda has a scent and taste that has been described as:
|May Relieve||Grape Soda is good for depression.|
CBD: less than 1 %
|Indoor/Outdoor Yield||Indoor yields can be as much as 6 ounces per foot. This is a high yield, indoors and outside.|
|Flowering time||Grape Soda weed plants will flower in approximately 9 to 11 weeks.|
|Harvest||Grape Soda weed plants are usually suitable to harvest in September.|
|Flowering type||You are most likely to gain access to a photoperiodic strain of this plant for growing.|
|Disease resistance||Resistance to disease is high. It is an easy plant to grow.|
|Plant Height||Grape Soda is a tall plant.|
|Adverse effects||Grape Soda will have few side effects. It can cause dry mouth and eyes.|
|Growing Difficulty||Growing Grape Soda is said by growers to be easy to grow.|
History, Genetics, Origins
Grape Soda has genetics which is 70 percent Indica and 20 percent Sativa. THC levels average about 19 %.
Appearance and Smell
Grape Soda is a tall plant, despite being an Indica. At the end of the growing season, breeders allow the plant to experience mildly lower temperatures to bring out the purp, caused by anthocyanins produced in response to lower temperatures.
The smell is of grape, fruit, tropical, and vintage wine.
How to Grow Grape Soda Cannabis Seeds or Cuttings
Growing weed from Grape Soda cannabis seeds or cuttings is said by growers to be easy to grow. It is valued for its grape taste and milder THC levels. You can start growing from a seed or cutting. You can grow Grape Soda indoors or outdoors.
Indoors, you can set up in a grow tent. This will enclose your plants in a smaller area so that you can more easily control the conditions under which the plants grow. You will be able to control the lighting, the humidity, and the temperature inside the tent, rather than in the whole room which would end up being more expensive. Put reflective lining along the inside of your tent. This will concentrate the light on your plants. You will need high discharge lamps and extra space in your budget for a higher electric bill. You can use 5-gallon flower pots, this will give your plants the room they need to thrive.
The first stage of growth is germination.
Germination, 3 to 10 days
Germination is when you take your seedlings and cause them to sprout roots. You need two plates, two paper towels, and your seeds. If you want only female seeds, you can use a cutting instead, or contact vendors who have feminized seeds. Wet your paper towels. Place your seeds on your wet paper towel and cover with the other paper towel. Cover the whole thing with the other plate. Over a little more than a week, check to ensure the paper towels remain wet and remove your sprouted seedlings as you find them. They will sprout at different times and will be female and male. You have to sprout several seeds, in the end, to be sure you have enough females in the pack. You won’t know their sex until they are teenagers and began to develop their sex organs. This will happen during the vegetative stage.
During this early stage, your plants need 18 to 16 hours of light per day, and darkness for the rest of the day so that they know which season it is. Keep your soil moist and control your humidity levels. They are babies and will be seeking light, air, and water for 3 weeks. They will begin to grow mature leaves, that’s when you know they have entered a new stage of their lives.
The vegetative stage is the main stage of growth. They will be in this stage most of their lives, about 4 months. You can identify the males and remove them since they produce no buds.
Your plants will flower, producing buds for 9 to 11 weeks. Grape Soda is said to have a high yield, about 6 ounces per foot.
Medicinal Marijuana Review
Grape Soda is 70 percent Indica and 30 percent Sativa. THC levels can be up to 19 %. Vendors may mention that this weed is good for depression or anxiety, to bring your mood up.
So just what is depression and how much of a threat is it?
- Depression is classified by the DSM-5 as Major Depressive Disorder. It is also known as Clinical Depression. To be diagnosed, one has to have 5 or more of the following symptoms for more than 2 weeks: The individual is sad for most of the day for all of the 2 week period.
- Every day there is less interest in the pleasurable things one once did, like sex, drugs, and rock and roll.
- There is diminished movement, slowed-down thinking, and movement.
- There is weight fluctuation, either gaining or losing a significant amount of weight.
- The person feels tired all the time.
- The person can no longer make decisions.
- The sufferer cannot focus on the task at hand, for the duration of the two weeks.
- The sufferer may feel like things would be better if they were no longer around.
You can see from the diagnostic criteria, everyday but fleeting sadness or grieving over a loved one for less than 2 weeks does not qualify as major depression, but if they significantly disrupt life activities, they may warrant some other diagnosis. Generally, if one feels bad and wants treatment, you should find a therapist and not worry about diagnosing yourself.
Some practitioners will recommend their clients try medical marijuana for depression. What are some signs that it might be worth a try for you?
- In the past, marijuana has lifted your spirits and reduced anxiety. This is likely the best sign you can get that you may want to try medical marijuana for your depression. If it has worked in the past, that’s a very good sign that it is therapeutic for you. If instead, it gave you a panic attack, you should proceed with greater caution if you still want to try it. You can try strains with high CBD and lower THC levels like Cannatonic.
- You live in a state that allows for recreational use. It will be easier for you to get it prescribed in a state like this. If your state has medical use, you will need to check to see if they allow marijuana use for Major Depressive Disorder.
- You find that you are able to work better when you have used marijuana.
- You do not have to operate heavy machinery after taking your dose of medical marijuana.
- You have other disorders like chronic pain syndromes that will also benefit from the use of medical marijuana.
Ultimately, it will be up to you and your doctor to decide what fit is the best solution for you. Grape Soda in particular has mild THC levels and a heavy flavor. It’s a good strain for a beginner.
Social Media Review
Reddit Review, ‘most memorable’
Reddit Review, “fascinated…”
Reddit Review, “straight gas…”
Grape Soda Weed Price
|Vendor: Lemonnade – Melrose
729 SE Powell Blvd, Portland, OR
Strain Name: Cartridge
Grape Soda Distillate 1G
by NW KIND
|Vendor: Craft Cannabis – Mill Plain
6515 E Mill Plain Rd, Vancouver, WA
Send a message
Call (360) 597-4739
Strain name: Grape Soda (100mg)
$ 20 each
Grape Soda is beloved because of its grape taste. As soon as you hit this weed, you will taste a mouthful of grapes. It has that deep taste that reminds you of the sugary soda for which it is named. This is produced by terpenoids in the weed that add flavor and fragrance. This weed has a mellow high that comes on slow. You will finally be able to relax. This is a good weed for after work when you come home to wind down. It can be great for chilling and relaxing with loved ones. Pop in a movie from Netflix, and have a spread of snacks. You will probably want something deeply fatty, like cheese to balance out the mouthful of sugary goodness you have in your Grape Soda weed. Share, and happy toking!
For other pot, info guide pages see: http://www.ncsm.nl/strain
Submit your review